ESSAYS ABOUT SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Cena: 12,50 EUR + DDV in distribucijski stroški. Za študente in člane Inštituta IRDO: 20% popust!
Why should you buy it? We list 5 reasons:
- The book can be read by chapters – separated essays or as a whole.
- We don’t know about any book that deals with social responsibility from so many viewpoints and with so much requisite holism.
- It warns that the time, where the current model of socio-economic development fit the reality and needs of the people is coming to an end.
- Offers reflection on what to do, so that mankind won’t rush into a 3rd world war and its demise.
- Just read the titles of the essays.
ddr. Matjaž Mulej, zasl. prof.
SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM
E-book on a CD: SUSTAINABLE STRATEGIES IN TRAVEL AND TOURISM, editor: Dr. Mark Esposito, 2009, IRDO institute.
The e-book was inspired by some of the current trends in the industry concerning ecological dimensions and awareness. Looking more closely to the example of NGOs, Dr. Mark Esposito explores the nuances of one of the leading industries in the world, Tourism. The e-book explores the potential of the socio-economic catalysts that Travel and Tourism provide and moves into the exploration of sustainable tourism as part of a strategy for prosperity. An overview on the main trends, the current opportunities, raising from the eco-friendliness initiatives and the quality certifications merge into this practical manual, which addresses its focus to operators, managers of the hospitality industry and students, who look at Tourism as a complex of dimensions of competitiveness in today’s global economy. The e-book also presents guidelines on responsible tourist behaviour, as a way to offer incentives and awareness of those patterns, which help create a sustainable strategy for the preservation of nature through responsible travel.
The author presents tourism as the second biggest industry in the world, with the capacity to employ millions of people. Because of its nature, tourism is suitable for numerous developmental activities that are a mixture of visitors, locals, international, national and regional economies and consequently helps create support industries in fields where tourist activities bloom.