Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
you are kindly invited to participate at the 16th IRDO INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE AND BUSINESS CONFERENCE 2021: SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CURRENT CHALLENGES 2021: Pitfalls and opportunities of digitalisation for sustainable future, to be held on 10 and 11 June 2021 in Maribor onsite & online.
The conference will take place in a hybrid (online & onsite) form. We invite you kindly to participate with your own author’s contribution (paper) and / or as listener.
The main purpose of the conference is to explore the impact of digitalisation on the formation of relations and interactions between people, organizations, nature and society that enable the development of a common sustainable future. A precondition for sustainable coexistence is socially responsible behaviour of each stakeholder in the community. Without broad environmental and social responsibility, there is no survival of humanity. Social responsibility is as a tool to achieve sustainable development / future.
The conference emphasis is on the digitalisation in social systems, as it significantly changes society and thus our active participation anywhere becomes a driver of change at the global level.
EU has adopted a number of guidelines for the development of digitalization, they are focused in socially responsible development and integration of digitalisation in the society.
Some of them are available here:
The conference is in line with the UN Agenda 2030: Changing the World, which includes 17 sustainable development goals that should lead to a sustainable future. The Republic of Slovenia has adopted these goals in its Development Strategy until 2030. Those goals we can achieve mostly with active personal and organisational social responsibility.
With the conference in 2021, we want to explore in terms of digitalisation what young people, researchers, teachers, experts, managers and everyone else can do together and what we should do to include personal, business and social responsibility in the social and natural environment where we operate.
Therefore, we shall contribute to a sustainable future as a way out of the current crisis, particularly in terms of challenges and opportunities opened up by digitalisation:
- Discuss methods for developing personal responsibility concepts to keep pace with current developments in digitalisation.
- Focus on how to respond to digitalisation with the necessary integrated development in the social, ecological and business environment, with special emphasis on reflective behaviour, interdependence and creative collaboration in order to maximise integrity levels.
- Highlight examples of digitalisation impact on the social (non)responsible behaviour in business, government and non-governmental organizations or active citizenship, and to assess how to rethink the standard processes from multiple perspectives and how to integrate into them socially responsible behaviour.
- Explore the possibilities of how to influence the sustainable development and integration of digitalisation into responsible personal, business and social behaviour.
The main theme of the conference is digitalisation. We would like you to shed light on your contributions from several stakeholder perspectives related to the digitalisation:
- Society (local and international)
- Economy and Business
- Systemic aspects of digitalisation
- International directions for the digitalized future
- Digitalisation in activity domains
- Personal aspects of digitalisation
- Other topics (may be related to digitalisation)
- Round tables
- Meeting: Slovenian Society for Systems Research
By exchanging experiences, both theoretical and practical, especially from the point of view of digitalisation, the participants will help finding the right path to socially responsible behaviour. Social responsibility and a sustainable future are sources of great benefits, as has been shown in all crises so far, including the covid-19 crisis.
Therefore, we kindly invite you to participate at the conference as authors and / or listeners, to share your experiences, views and suggestions with other participants, including researchers, top consultants, other experts and experienced practitioners who will attend this conference. Young authors, high school and university students involved in educational processes are very welcome.
We kindly invite you to present your original papers and report about your own work in various topics of our conference! So far, over a thousand authors from all over the world have participated in the previous 15 IRDO conferences. The number of speakers is limited.
Take a look to the Conference Call for papers and fulfil the Registration form if you wish to particoipate as an author or participant.
Please send us your Registration form to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IRDO – Inštitut za razvoj družbene odgovornosti, Preradovičeva ulica 26, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia,
We are looking forward to your participation in the 16th IRDO International Conference ONSITE & ONLINE!
With kind regards,
|Igor Perko, Assoc. Prof., PhD., University of Maribor, Faculty of Economics and Business, WOSC director- general, and Vice-Chairman of the IRDO Conference Programme Committee,||Matjaž Mulej, Prof. Emer., PhD., PhD., University of Maribor,
Faculty of Economics and Business, President of the IRDO Expert Council and Chairman of the IRDO Conference Programme Committee,
|Ana Vovk Korže, Prof. PhD., PhD., University of Maribor, Faculty of Arts, Head of the International Centre for Ecoremediations, and Vice-Chairman of the IRDO Conference Programme Committee,||Peter Glavič, Prof. Emer., PhD., University of Maribor, Faculty of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, and Vice-Chairman of the IRDO Conference Program Committee,|